A softer side of Papa Sven.



Sven Väth isn't usually one for the subtlety. He seems most in his element onstage in front of thousands people, shirtless, dancing and dishing out the kind of raucous house and techno he helped make famous with Cocoon. Some 20 years into his DJ career, he still loses himself to the buzz of playing a club or a festival, and this endless enthusiasm is a big part of who he is. 

But there's more to Väth than what you see onstage, and not least in terms of music. In his calmer moments, when the thud of Amnesia, Time Warp or one of his countless other gigs has receded, he unwinds to music of a different tempo: indie rock, ambient, balearic, downbeat, etc. It's this side of his taste that he explores on RA.369, hence the title: "Privado." Scroll down past the interview to find his personal notes in the tracklist. 

What have you been up to recently? What are you up to next?

I just finished my annual world tour which brought me to Asia, Australia, USA, South America and Europe of course. Now I'm in Ibiza with my family taking some days off, preparing my summer residency at Amnesia and looking forward to my summer festival tour.

How and where was the mix recorded?

I chose the songs from my iPod during my travels, compiled them and arranged all in the studio.

Can you tell us about the idea behind the mix?

When I received your invitation to mix an RA Podcast I was delighted and thought immediately that this was a chance to offer a mix that will be unlike my classic vinyl DJ set. I took my time and tried to come up with a way to combine the music of my favourite artists in a mix. The theme of this collection is "wind down." It's a compilation of new and old music that keeps me company when I'm traveling, at home drinking wine, reading, dreaming and sleeping, hence the title "Privado."

via

download

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario